This Version Posted: May 6, 2020
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a 1.0 FTE permanent full-time Public Health Inspector in the Health Protection Division, Environmental Health Department, based in the Haliburton office.
As a member of the Health Protection Division, the Public Health Inspector is accountable to Health Protection Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Environmental Health Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) 2018 and related legislation and protocols including but not limited to the:
Areas of emphasis may include any combination of the following: Food Safety, Safe Water, Healthy Environments including Health Hazard Prevention and Management, Personal Services Settings, Infection Prevention and Control, Prevention and Management of Vector-Borne Diseases Prevention, and Rabies Prevention and Control
The Public Health Inspector is expected to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods or procedures and/or to develop new procedures to complete assigned work.
Direction is to be sought when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including scope of practice.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
The successful candidate will have:
- Requirements for employment as a Public Health Inspector as per Qualifications for Public Health Professionals Protocol 2018
- University degree in Environmental Health
- CIPHI member in good standing
- Prior experience in the enforcement of legislation is preferred
- Review and understanding of engineering reports and procedures is preferred
- Community/public health and/or health promotion experience is preferred
- For assignments in Infection Prevention and Control including personal services setting inspection, infection control complaint/lapse, certification in infection control (CIC) and/or certification in reprocessing of medical devices is preferred
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Front Line Provider as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Individuals granted certification by the Board of Certification (BOC) after January 1, 2017, will be required to maintain a regular membership with CIPHI and participate in the Continuing Professional Competencies (CPC) program
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for work
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
Salary Range: CUPE Scale 2019 $76,038 – $83,468
Start Date: ASAP
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by 4:30 p.m. on May 22, 2020.
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Fax: 905 885 9551
E mail: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.