This Version Posted: October 9, 2020
Licensed child care centres are now open and operating at full capacity, but under strict protective measures due to COVID-19.
Child care providers must do the following:
- Ensure child care staff wear masks at all times
- Conduct frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the facility
- Carry out daily COVID-19 screening of children, staff and visitors before they can enter a childcare facility
- Maintain attendance records to allow for COVID-19 contact tracing and coordination if needed
- Encourage frequent hand washing and proper hand hygiene for children and staff
- Follow clear and rigid case management protocols should a staff member or child become ill or test positive for COVID-19.
The Health Unit is working with local licensed child care centres to ensure they follow proper protocols to protect the safety of children, families and staff during the pandemic. If you have questions or concerns, call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5006.