This Version Posted: October 16, 2020
Public Health Nurse – Health Promotion
The Public Health Nurse (PHN) is accountable to Division Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements for programs and services, as per the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) 2018, related protocols and guidelines.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPRDHU are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
The PHN is expected to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods, procedures or policies and/or to develop new procedures for approval to complete assigned work. The PHN will seek direction when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including scope of practice.
- Requirements for employment as a Public Health Nurse as per Regulation 566 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act
- University degree in Nursing
- Community/public health and/or health promotion experience is an asset
- Experience working with priority populations, community mobilization and capacity building
- Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Front Line Provider as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (3 months ONA)
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within two months of hire.
Start Date: Immediately
Term: 12 months with possible extension
Salary Range : ONA Salary 2019 – $76,030 – $83,489
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter to:
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Tel: 1-866-888-4577 Fax: 905-885-9551
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.