To contact HKPR, call 1-866-888-4577     CONTACT US

You’re Invited...

Drop-In Information Sessions for Businesses

Affected by New Inspection Disclosure Rules

What businesses are affected?

This summer, the Ontario government wants to make it easier for people to see health unit inspection results for the following businesses:

• Restaurants/food premises (including cafeterias, grocery stores, banquet halls and catering kitchens).

• Beauty and body art businesses (like tattoo parlours, barber shops, nail/hair salons and body piercing studios).

• Recreational water facilities (such as public pools, spas/hot tubs, splash pads and wading pools).


What are the new requirements?

 If you own or operate an affected business, the following rules will apply as of July 1, 2018:

• Results from health unit inspections will be posted on a public website

• You must hang a sign in your business showing the results of your most recent inspection

• Food premises/restaurants must have at least one certified food handler on site at all times


Where can businesses get more information?

Local businesses affected by the new requirements can ask questions and learn more at the following Information Drop-In Sessions hosted by the Health Unit:

NOTE NEW DATE - City of Kawartha Lakes: Monday, April 23, 7-9 pm, Health Unit office (108 Angeline St. S.) in Lindsay.

Northumberland County: Monday, April 23, 7-9 pm, Health Unit office (200 Rose Glen Rd.) in Port Hope.

Haliburton County: Monday, April 30, 7-9 pm, Haliburton United Church (10 George St. at Pine Street) in Haliburton

For more information, contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577 or email: