This Version Posted: December 10, 2020
Make It Part of Your Business
Most of us spend a large part of our day at work. Creating a healthy workplace where the culture, climate, practices and policies support employee well-being is worth the effort. It pays off in many ways:
- Higher productivity
- Lower absenteeism
- Better staff morale
- Increased job satisfaction
- Reduced stress
- Improved physical and mental health
Put Workplace Health to Work For You
Check out these resources to support a healthy workplace:
- Guarding Minds @Work
- A workplace guide to boost psychological health and safety.
- Mental Health in the Workplace – Public Health Agency of Canada
- National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace – Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Free, voluntary standards that provide guidelines for employers on preventing mental health injury and promoting psychological health in the workplace.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- The website features resources on labour laws, workplace hazards, workers’ rights, and health and wellness.
- Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Creating a Healthy Workplace Nutrition Environment – Ontario Dietitians in Public Health
- Physical Activity Resources for Workplaces – ParticipAction