On This Page:
- COVID-19 Assessment Centres
- General Information on COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies
COVID-19 Assessment Centres
Below are locations of the specific COVID-19 Assessment Centres in Northumberland County, Haliburton County and the City of Kawartha Lakes. Please note that all COVID-19 Assessment Centres are now by appointment only (no walk-ins are allowed). Effective immediately, you are only asked to use these assessment centres if you are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
City of Kawartha Lakes
As of Oct. 19, the RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre will be moving inside Ross Memorial Hospital. It will be located in the former Admitting area on the south side of the hospital. Testing continues to be done on an appointment-basis only. To get tested:
- Visit the Ontario COVID-19 website to see if you qualify for testing under the current provincial guidelines.
- Call 705-328-6217 or request an appointment online.
- Do not leave multiple messages or submit multiple forms
- Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9:30-5:15 pm
- You will receive a call back within 1-2 business days
When arriving for your appointment:
- Arrive to the hospital at your appointment time.
- Park in the short-term parking lot at the south side of the hospital, entering from Kent St. (There is no charge for parking for those visiting the assessment centre. All other patients should use short or long term parking on the North side of the hospital.)
- Wear a mask
- Bring your health card and identification
- Proceed to the South Entrance (follow signage for COVID-19 Assessment Centre)
- Maintain physical distancing from others awaiting testing
- Your results should be available online within 72 hours of testing. If unable to access your results online, or to book an in-home test, call (705) 328-6217.
If symptoms are severe, including difficulty breathing, chest pain, confusion or losing consciousness, you should be seen in the Emergency Department immediately.
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now located within the hospital at 1000 DePalma Drive, adjacent to the Emergency Department. A dedicated entry/exit is available.
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now operating on an appointment-basis only. Walk-ins will no longer be accepted due to high demand for COVID-19 testing services. To book an appointment, call 905-377-7783. The assessment centre is open daily from 8 am to 4 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: The assessment centre will be relocating very soon from the hospital building to a new trailer space located next to the hospital. Watch for more details.
The NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre will screen patients, test (if deemed appropriate) and direct patients to proceed as required. Through a temporary arrangement with the Northumberland Family Health Team, the Community Health Centres of Northumberland, and local primary care physicians, the NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now able to offer patients the option to see a primary care provider (family physician or nurse practitioner) in addition to receiving a COVID-19 test. Learn more details by calling the centre.
The centre is open Mondays to Thursdays from 9 am to 5 pm (closed Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). To book an appointment for COVID-19 test, call the local Assessment Centre directly at 705-395-1801. Please do not go to the Assessment Centre without first calling to book an appointment. Please do not call Campbellford Memorial Hospital either.
As of Sept. 1, the Trent Hills COVID 19 Assessment Centre will be located at Campbellford Memorial Hospital on the basement level in the former paramedic bay and offices. Access to the site will be a drive-through, drive-up centre. All visitors are to remain in their cars, and Assessment Centre staff will provide assessment/testing to you while you remain in your vehicle.
For days the Assessment Centre is not available, contact the HKPR District Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020.
To book an appointment for testing, call the Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre at 705-457-1212 (press 6) during regular business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: if your symptoms are severe, call 9-1-1 and alert the dispatcher to your symptoms.
The Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre is staffed by health care providers who will complete a phone assessment and advise as to appropriate next steps, which may include self-monitoring instructions, self-isolation instructions, or further assessment and testing in the drive-through facility. The Centre is for all residents of Haliburton County, regardless of whether you have a family doctor.
COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies
As of Friday, Sept. 25, the Ontario government is expanding COVID-19 testing to some pharmacies in the province. This testing at pharmacies will be free, by appointment only, and available ONLY to people who are not showing COVID-19 symptoms. Pharmacies will also be doing COVID pre-screening of anyone seeking a test. A complete list of Ontario pharmacies offering the COVID-19 testing is available here.