Download the COVID Alert Tracing App
Below are locations of the specific COVID-19 Assessment Centres in Northumberland County, Haliburton County and the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- Click here for general information about Testing for COVID-19, including answers to who, what, when, why and how.
City of Kawartha Lakes
Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) COVID-19 Assessment Centre
The RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre runs as follows:
- Location: Ross Memorial Hospital (10 Angeline St. N., Lindsay). Enter from Kent Street and exit (right turn lane only) on Angeline St. N.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- No appointment is necessary
- Testing is a set up as a ‘drive-thru’ model, meaning you remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Testing at the Assessment Centre is for ages 12 and older. For kids under age 12, please attend the hospital’s Emergency Department.
Your results should be available online within 72 hours of testing. If unable to access your results online, or to book an in-home test, call (705) 328-6217.
Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) COVID-19 Assessment Centre
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now located within the hospital, adjacent to the Emergency Department. To access it, use the Emergency Department entrance (not the main front doors of the hospital).
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open daily from 8 am to 4 pm. Call 905-377-7783 to book an appointment. While walk-ins are accepted, you are strongly urged to call ahead and schedule your assessment to minimize wait times and support physical distancing rules.
The NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre will screen patients, test (if deemed appropriate) and direct patients to proceed as required.
COVID-19 testing is now available for:
- All those with at least one symptom of COVID-19, even if mild
- Asymptomatic people who think they may have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Asymptomatic people who may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment.
The Trent Hills COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open Mondays to Thursdays from 9 am to 5 pm. To book a COVID-19 test, call the local Assessment Centre directly at 705-395-1801. Please call to schedule your test in order to minimize wait times and support physical distancing requirements.
The Trent Hills COVID 19 Assessment Centre will be closed Friday, Saturdays and Sundays. Extra appointment times have been added Monday through Thursday so that there is no decrease in testing capacity.
For days the Assessment Centre is not available, contact the HKPR District Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020.
If you are a resident of Haliburton County and you meet one of the criteria below, you can get tested for COVID-19:
- If you have at least one symptom of COVID-19 (click here for a list of symptoms)
- If you are concerned you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 because you have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case,
- If you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 because of your employment, including essential workers (e.g. health care workers, grocery stores employees, other front-line workers.)
If you meet any one of these criteria, call the Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre at 705-457-1212 (press 6) during regular business hours or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to book an appointment for testing.
PLEASE NOTE: if your symptoms are severe, call 9-1-1 and alert the dispatcher to your symptoms.
The Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre is staffed by health care providers who will complete a phone assessment and advise as to appropriate next steps, which may include self-monitoring instructions, self-isolation instructions, or further assessment and testing in the drive-through facility. The Centre is for all residents of Haliburton County, regardless of whether you have a family doctor.
Testing is by appointment only, however no Ontarian who is symptomatic or who is concerned they have been exposed to COVID-19 will be declined a test at an Assessment Centre.