This Version Posted: November 5, 2020
Floods are the most common natural hazard in Canada. Protect yourself from flooding. Know what to do before, during and after a flood.
Keep COVID-19 in mind, even during a flood emergency. Reduce your risk of illness:
- Keep a two metre distance from others when sandbagging
- Clean/disinfect common surfaces (like shovel handle) before touching
- Follow advice/direction of municipal staff if picking up sandbags at a municipal depot
For further help, call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5006.
You should check with your local municipality about flood preparations, including the availability of sandbags. If you are experiencing an immediate flood emergency, call your local municipality or 911.
Local Conservation Authorities
- Flood Forecasting and Warning Program
- Dealing With Floods Before, During and After
- Emergency Management Ontario