This Version Posted: June 26, 2020
Help to manage employee absence during COVID-19. Here’s what to do to support your staff:
- Employees must stay home if they, or a family member, are sick. Do not require sick notes.
- Employees must also stay home if they’ve been directed to self-isolate for 14 days due to travel or potential contact with someone who has COVID-19. Do not require sick notes.
- Support employees who are older (65+) or with compromised immune that are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Talk to employees about how they will be paid for sick days. If needed, help employees access sources of financial support such as Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits. Check out the income support page for more information
- Offer work-from home options, if possible
- Identify how you will cover the work of ill employees. This could include cross-training staff
- Determine how your business will operate/support employees who must be at home to care for children due to school/daycare closures.
Download and print resources below: