This Version Posted: September 3, 2020
Keep your distance at work to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here’s what to do to practise physical distancing at work:
- Staff and customers MUST maintain a distance of two metres (six feet) wherever possible.
- Offer alternatives to customers such as delivery or pick up services. Consider partnering with a non-profit group to provide delivery options for vulnerable clients/customers who may have a hard time accessing your services.
- Post self-screening signage at entrances to tell customers to delay their visit if they are sick.
- Implement strategies to help eliminate customer lineups, such as extended shopping hours
- Stagger employee use of common break spaces
- Replace face-to-face meetings with tele- or video-conferencing options
- Postpone or cancel non-essential work travel.
- Wear non-medical masks or face coverings, as directed by the Health Unit. This is especially important in situations where physical distancing is difficult.
Fact Sheet – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Physical Distancing – Public Health Ontario
Download and print resources below: