This Version Posted: September 24, 2020
On This Page:
- COVID-19 Assessment Centres
- General Information on COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies
COVID-19 Assessment Centres
Below are locations of the specific COVID-19 Assessment Centres in Northumberland County, Haliburton County and the City of Kawartha Lakes. Please note that effective immediately, you are only asked to attend these assessment centres if you are:
- Showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by your public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by your local public health unit
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
City of Kawartha Lakes
The RMH COVID-19 Assessment Centre runs as follows:
- Location: Ross Memorial Hospital (10 Angeline St. N., Lindsay). Enter from Kent Street and exit (right turn lane only) on Angeline St. N.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- No appointment is necessary
- Testing is a set up as a ‘drive-thru’ model, meaning you remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Testing at the Assessment Centre is for ages 12 and older. For kids under age 12, please attend the hospital’s Emergency Department.
Your results should be available online within 72 hours of testing. If unable to access your results online, or to book an in-home test, call (705) 328-6217.
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is now located within the hospital, adjacent to the Emergency Department. To access it, use the Emergency Department entrance (not the main front doors of the hospital).
NHH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is open daily from 8 am to 4 pm. Call 905-377-7783 to book an appointment. While walk-ins are accepted, you are strongly urged to call ahead and schedule your assessment to minimize wait times and support physical distancing rules.
The NHH COVID-19 Assessment Centre will screen patients, test (if deemed appropriate) and direct patients to proceed as required.
The centre is open Mondays to Thursdays from 9 am to 5 pm (closed Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). To book an appointment for COVID-19 test, call the local Assessment Centre directly at 705-395-1801. Please do not go to the Assessment Centre without first calling to book an appointment. Please do not call Campbellford Memorial Hospital either
As of Sept. 1, the Trent Hills COVID 19 Assessment Centre will be located at Campbellford Memorial Hospital on the basement level in the former paramedic bay and offices. Access to the site will be a drive-through, drive-up centre. All visitors are to remain in their cars, and Assessment Centre staff will provide assessment/testing to you while you remain in your vehicle.
For days the Assessment Centre is not available, contact the HKPR District Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020.
Call the Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre at 705-457-1212 (press 6) during regular business hours or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to book an appointment for testing.
PLEASE NOTE: if your symptoms are severe, call 9-1-1 and alert the dispatcher to your symptoms.
The Haliburton County COVID-19 Community Assessment Centre is staffed by health care providers who will complete a phone assessment and advise as to appropriate next steps, which may include self-monitoring instructions, self-isolation instructions, or further assessment and testing in the drive-through facility. The Centre is for all residents of Haliburton County, regardless of whether you have a family doctor.
COVID-19 Testing at Pharmacies
As of Friday, Sept. 25, the Ontario government is expanding COVID-19 testing to some pharmacies in the province. This testing at pharmacies will be free, by appointment only, and available ONLY to people who are not showing COVID-19 symptoms. Pharmacies will also be doing COVID pre-screening of anyone seeking a test. A complete list of Ontario pharmacies offering the COVID-19 testing is available here.