This Version Posted: October 26, 2021
- Find out about Ontario’s current COVID-19 restrictions. Click here for details.
- Some select non-essential businesses must now screen customers/patrons for proof of COVID-19 vaccines. See what this means for businesses and individuals, including how to download the enhanced vaccine certificate and the new Verify Ontario mobile app.
- Consider developing and implementing a workplace COVID-19 vaccination policy to help protect employees and the public from COVID-19.
Currently, masks and face coverings must now be worn inside all public places across the province, including businesses, facilities and workplaces. Limited exemptions are in place, including for age, medical reasons, and special accommodations.
The provincial masking requirement is made under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act (specifically Ontario Regulation 263/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 2 and Ontario Regulation 364/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 3). The aim of the directive is to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For more details, please read the the following FAQs and resources. You can also contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 or email@example.com for additional direction.
If you have additional questions about mask use at your business or workplace, refer to your COVID-19 Safety Plan, consult with your Joint Health and Safety Committee, or contact the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008.
Posters For Businesses/Commercial Establishments
- Protect Yourself – Wear a Mask
- As Businesses Start to Reopen, Protect Yourself
- Wear a Mask or Face Covering Before Entering
- Keep Safe While Using Your Mask
- Tips for Choosing a Proper Mask
How to Use/Wear a (3-Layer) Cloth Mask Video – HKPR District Health Unit Video