This Version Posted: April 8, 2021
- NOTE: As of 12:01 am on Thursday, April 8, a provincial State of Emergency and Stay-at-Home Order is in place in Ontario to stop the spread of COVID-19. All of Ontario, including Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes, is covered by these measures. See how these measures affect you.
Masks and face coverings must now be worn inside all public places across the province, including businesses, facilities and workplaces. Limited exemptions are in place, including for age, medical reasons, and special accommodations.
The provincial masking requirement is made under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act (specifically Ontario Regulation 263/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 2 and Ontario Regulation 364/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 3). The aim of the directive is to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For more details, please read the the following FAQs and resources. You can also contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 or email@example.com for additional direction.
If you have additional questions about mask use at your business or workplace, refer to your COVID-19 Safety Plan, consult with your Joint Health and Safety Committee, or contact the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008.
Posters For Businesses/Commercial Establishments
- Protect Yourself – Wear a Mask
- As Businesses Start to Reopen, Protect Yourself
- Wear a Mask or Face Covering Before Entering
- Keep Safe While Using Your Mask
- Tips for Choosing a Proper Mask
How to Use/Wear a (3-Layer) Cloth Mask Video – HKPR District Health Unit Video