This Version Posted: June 29, 2021
- NEW: As of 12:01 am on Friday, July 16, Ontario will move into Step Three of its reopening plan with fewer restrictions in place. Click here for details.
Masks and face coverings must now be worn inside all public places across the province, including businesses, facilities and workplaces. Limited exemptions are in place, including for age, medical reasons, and special accommodations.
The provincial masking requirement is made under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act (specifically Ontario Regulation 263/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 2 and Ontario Regulation 364/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 3). The aim of the directive is to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For more details, please read the the following FAQs and resources. You can also contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional direction.
If you have additional questions about mask use at your business or workplace, refer to your COVID-19 Safety Plan, consult with your Joint Health and Safety Committee, or contact the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008.
Posters For Businesses/Commercial Establishments
- Protect Yourself – Wear a Mask
- As Businesses Start to Reopen, Protect Yourself
- Wear a Mask or Face Covering Before Entering
- Keep Safe While Using Your Mask
- Tips for Choosing a Proper Mask
How to Use/Wear a (3-Layer) Cloth Mask Video – HKPR District Health Unit Video