This Version Posted: May 6, 2021
Eligible individuals can book their appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment through the provincial booking system.
Update – Please note the following:
- Only eligible residents should contact the provincial booking system. All other individuals are asked to wait until they are eligible for a vaccination appointment.
- Are you eligible for vaccination? Click here to find out.
- If you are eligible, please follow the directions on how to book an appointment. The Health Unit is NOT booking vaccination appointments.
- The Health Unit continues to add clinic appointments to the provincial booking system once vaccine deliveries have been confirmed. Please continue to check the booking site as more clinic locations and dates are being added regularly.
Are you eligible to book a vaccination appointment? Visit How to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment
Eligible individuals can visit Ontario.ca/bookvaccine.
When booking an appointment, individuals will be asked for information from their green Ontario health card, birth date, postal code and email address and/or phone number. At the time of booking, eligible individuals will schedule their first and second vaccination appointments.
Phone information line:
If eligible individuals have questions about the vaccine or do not have a computer or access to a computer to book an appointment, they can call 1-888-999-6488. The phone information line will be open Monday to Sunday – 8 am to 8pm
- To book an appointment, individuals will need to have a green photo health (OHIP) card as both numbers on the front and back of the card are required. Expired cards will be accepted.
- Individuals without a health card will be referred to their public health unit for identity validation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will someone book if they have an old red & white health card? The provincial booking tool requires the green photo health (OHIP) card as a form of authentication when booking. Both the numbers on the front and back of the card are required. Individuals who have a red and white health card will need to call the provincial call centre at 1-888-999-6488 to book an appointment.
If you do not have a health card, you will be directed to your local public health unit to validate your identity.
How will someone book if they do not have a health card? You do not need an Ontario health card to receive the vaccine.
Can someone book an appointment if they have an expired health card? You can still use an expired health card to create a vaccination appointment.
Can someone book on my behalf, or can I book on someone’s behalf? Yes, if you require support from someone or if you are supporting someone who is eligible to book an appointment.
Can family members book their appointments together / around the same time? At this time, vaccination appointments are only available for individuals who are eligible under the province’s framework. Click here to find out if you are eligible at this time.
Do I need a confirmation code for my appointment booking? Yes. You will receive a confirmation code when you have successfully booked your appointment. Please bring this code with you to the clinic as required to proceed with your appointment. If you do not have a confirmation code, then please do not go to the clinic event as it means you do not have an appointment. Please instead revisit the online system or call the customer service desk to book your appointment and receive your confirmation code.
What browsers and / or devices are supported? The website works with most modern browsers on desktop and mobile devices. The website does not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer or older versions of iOS (version 11 or older). Please try a different browser or try another device. If you still have issues, please try clearing your browser’s cache. For instructions on how to do this, open your preferred search engine (such as Google, Bing or Ecosia) and search for “clear the cache in [browser name]”