This Version Posted: April 14, 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations are now available for eligible residents in Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes. The local Health Unit is following the Province’s vaccine distribution plan that list three phases. Currently, the province is in phase two of the vaccine distribution plan.
Are you born in 1961 or earlier? You are eligible for a vaccine, but MUST book a vaccination appointment through the provincial booking system or calling 1-888-999-6488. The Health Unit is NOT booking appointments.
Adults aged 50 and older who live in a “hot spot” community where provincial and local data demonstrate historic and ongoing high rates of COVID-19, death and severe illness due to COVID-19 are also eligible to book a vaccination appointment. This Health Unit region has NOT been identified as a “hot spot.”
Other individuals may be eligible to receive the vaccine in the current phase. If you think you are eligible for a vaccine now, read on to see how you can book your appointment.
Indigenous adults: Clinics are being held for Indigenous adults (18+) and their household members (18+).
Additional plans are being developed for local home-bound adults. Please check back for updates on vaccination clinics.
Are You Eligible for the Vaccine in This Phase?
Step One: Determine if you are eligible by clicking here: Determine if you are eligible to be vaccinated
- If you are eligible, but unable to book a vaccination appointment through the provincial booking system due to your age, proceed to Step Two,
- If you are unsure of your eligibility, call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line at 1-888-999-6488. If you are eligible, but unable to book a vaccination appointment through the provincial booking system because you are not 60 years of age or older, you will be directed to contact HKPRDHU.
Step Two: Send a message to HKPRDHU by clicking here: Click and Connect
- Complete the information – name, phone number etc. and click NEXT.
- Select COVID-19 Questions and then click NEXT.
- Review your details and click NEXT.
- Click on START QUESTIONAIRE and then click on Vaccine, immunization and eligibility. Click NEXT PAGE at the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Answer YES to the question – Do you still have a question for the Health Unit?
- In the box provided, type in “Need a Code.” Also type in which priority population you belong to, your first and last name, a valid email address, your date of birth, your health card number and version code, and your phone number. Please note: If you do not provide this information, the Health Unit cannot process your request.
- Please note: Not everyone who submits a request is eligible for the vaccine at this time.
- If you are eligible and have provided ALL of the information required, your information will be sent to the Ministry of Health.
- The Ministry of Health will email you with a personal invitation code. The email may be from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your junk mailbox for the email if you do not see it.
Step Three: Use the provincial booking system to book an appointment
- Visit www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine.
- Use the personal invitation code from your email to book an appointment at an upcoming vaccination clinic in your area. Clinics will not appear in the booking system if they are filled. Please continue to check the system for additional clinic appointments that have been added.
- If you cannot book online, call 1-888-999-6488.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Employment identification and/or how you meet eligibility criteria.
- Ontario Health Card
- Personal identification with photo
- A list of your medications (if applicable)
- Confirmation code – You will receive a confirmation code when you have successfully booked your appointments. Please bring this code with you to the clinic as required to proceed with your appointment. If you do not have a confirmation code then please do not go to the clinic event as it means you do not have an appointment. Please instead revisit the online system or call the customer service desk to book your appointment and receive your confirmation code.