This Version Posted: June 15, 2021
The time is right for area youth to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Individuals aged 12 to 17 years are encouraged to get vaccinated against COVID-19 during the month of June. This will ensure they are eligible to receive their second dose in August so that they are fully vaccinated when school resumes in September.
Youth are encouraged to book an appointment for their vaccination at any of the Health Unit’s immunization clinics. Appointments for the clinics must be booked through the provincial booking system. The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use in individuals aged 12 to 17 and the vaccine will be available at Health Unit’s clinics.
What you need to know:
- Individuals 12 to 17 years can book an appointment at any of the Health Unit’s immunization clinics.
- Appointments at the clinics must be booked through the provincial booking system (www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine) or by calling 1-833-943-3900.
- Pfizer vaccine will be administered during these youth-focused clinics.
- Some local pharmacies may also provide youth vaccinations and should be contacted directly to book appointments.
- As well, primary health care providers may also offer vaccinations to their younger patients and their families.