This Version Posted: July 12, 2021
HKPR residents can now add their names to a standby list for COVID-19 vaccine doses that may be available at the end of a clinic.
Interested residents can provide their name and contact number to register to receive a vaccination at the end of the clinic day. If there are extra doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at a clinic, the Health Unit will call you at the phone number provided. This is not a booking tool. You will only be called if there are extra doses available.
You will not receive a vaccine if you present yourself to a clinic location without an appointment or without having been called by the Health Unit using the standby list.
Health Unit clinics offer one of Health Canada’s approved mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna). These vaccines are interchangeable. The Health Unit will not identify in advance what vaccine will be offered at a clinic.
Who is Eligible:
- you must be a resident of Haliburton County, Northumberland County or the City of Kawartha Lakes
- you can be at the clinic within 25 to 30 minutes of receiving a call
- you need a first dose of vaccine
- you need second dose of vaccine. In Ontario, the second dose for vaccines is now given at 28 days after the first dose for individuals 12+.
How to Register:
- Between 8 am and noon, click on the link below to register for a clinic you can attend quickly. Standby lists may close before noon if the list is full.
- You will need to register each day you are available. Lists will be cleared daily to ensure they are current.
- Please register for only one region/clinic each day.
By completing and submitting the standby form you understand and accept the following:
- Your participation in this process is voluntary.
- You are providing your personal information to be contacted for a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Your personal information and personal health information may be accessed, used, and disclosed by authorized individuals at the HKPR District Health Unit for the purpose of determining your eligibility and coordinating your vaccination.
- You are asked to provide your e-mail address and telephone number. The Health Unit recommends you use a secure e-mail address for optimal security of communications. If you choose to use non-secure personal e-mail, you accept any privacy and security risks related to use of non-encrypted e-mail.
- The information you provide is accurate, true, and relates solely to yourself.
- Information collected will be securely stored by the HKPR District Health Unit for a one-year period and protected in accordance with MFIPPA/PHIPA. Questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information should be directed to the Office of the Privacy Officer, HKPR District Health Unit, 200 Rose Glen Rd, Port Hope, ON, L1A 3V6; 1-866-888-4577.
If you consent to participate and to the use of your answers as outlined above, please click on the region/clinic you would like to register for the COVID-19 vaccine standby list. Please only register for one region/clinic each day. If a message pops up that ‘Link is no longer active’ it means that the clinic list is full OR that there is no clinic today at that location.
For list of upcoming clinics, click here.
Click on clinic location below for Standby form: