This Version Posted: September 22, 2021
If you are age 12 to 17 years (or turning age 12 in 2021), enter our #StickItToCovid contest.
- NOTE: All youth turning 12 years old before the end of 2021 are now able to get their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and enter the contest.
On This Page
By getting your COVID-19 vaccine, you’re getting protection and a chance to win:
- 1st Prize*: Apple Airpods (approx value: $220)
- 2nd Prize*: Apple Gift Card ($150 value)
- 3rd Prize*: Apple Gift Card ($100 value)
**Prizes can be substituted for gift card of equivalent value for use at Giant Tiger, Chapters/Indigo, or Amazon.
Who Can Enter:
- You must be 12-17 years of age (NOTE: If you’re turning age 12 before the end of 2021 and are getting your vaccine, you can also enter the contest)
- Live in Northumberland County, Haliburton County or City of Kawartha Lakes
- Received your first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Find clinic locations here.
- Parents/guardians can enter on behalf of youths
How to Enter:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 1508, and leave a message
- Provide your name and phone number*
- Deadline for entries is September 30, 2021
- Learn the benefits of youth getting COVID-19 Vaccines
- Watch our YouTube video playlist to learn why it’s good to #StickItToCovid
**Full Contest Rules:
By entering the contest, you consent to sharing the youth’s name and phone number with the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit. You also consent to be contacted by Health Unit staff to confirm the youth’s date of birth and vaccination status should their name be drawn as a winner.
Personal and personal health information for the purpose of this contest is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.56, as amended, and will be used for purposes of administering the contest and notifying winner(s). Questions about this collection should be addressed to the: Medical Officer of Health, 200 Rose Glen Road, Port Hope, Ontario L1A 3V6, or toll free at 1- 866-888-4577.
Contest is open to youth ages 12-17 who live in the HKPR District Health Unit region (Haliburton County, Northumberland County and City of Kawartha Lakes). Please check with your parent/guardian before entering. Children and immediate family members of the HKPR District Health Unit are not eligible to enter this contest.
No purchase is necessary. A skill-testing question may be asked of winners.
Contest closes on September 30, 2021. Prize draw to take place immediately after, with only winners being contacted. Entering the contest implies consent for the Health Unit to share winners’ names for health promotion purposes.
Chances of winning are based on the total number of entries received. Three prizes in total will be awarded: Pair of Apple Airpods (approx value $220), Apple Gift Card ($150 value), and Apple Gift Card ($100 value). **NOTE: Prizes can be substituted for gift card of equivalent value for use at Giant Tiger, Chapters/Indigo, or Amazon.