Have you been identified as a high-risk contact? This means you have had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
How You Will Be Notified
All high-risk contacts identified in Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes will be notified by an electronic letter. You must follow the direction in this letter.
Public health staff will only contact you if you receive a positive COVID-19 test, if you call to report symptoms, or if quarantine dates change based on the investigation.
What This Means for You
- You MUST quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine is a legal requirement to stop the spread the COVID-19 under a Section 22 Order issued under the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Click here for more specifics:
- Do not go to work or school.
- Do not leave your home (you will need to arrange to have someone get you groceries, medication, and other essentials)
- Separate yourself from others in your home. Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom if possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve or tissue
- Wear a mask that covers your nose, mouth, and chin. Other people should also wear a mask when they are in the same room as you.
- No visitors allowed.
- Do not leave your property unless it is to go for COVID-19 testing or to seek medical attention.
- You are recommended to go for testing at your nearest COVID-19 Assessment Centre. More direction will be given to you in your official notification letter.
Monitor Yourself for Symptoms
- During your quarantine, monitor yourself every day for COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you start to feel very sick (such as severe chest pain or difficulty breathing), call 9-1-1 or seek immediate medical attention.
- For mild symptoms, use the online COVID-19 Screening Tool to see what to do next.
What This Means for People You Live With
- If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, all household members must stay home except for essential reasons (such as work/school/childcare, getting groceries/medication)
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, all household members must quarantine until a negative test result is received
Questions? Need to report symptoms in yourself or household members? Call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 1540.