COVID-19 vaccinations are now available for eligible residents in Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes.
On This Page:
- Who is eligible now?
- Who is not eligible at this time?
- Using the Click and Connect Feature
- Related Resources
Who is eligible now?
Phase 1 – ALL populations are eligible now, including Indigenous adults.
Phase 2 – SELECT populations are eligible now.
Phase 3 – NOT eligible now.
See below for details on who is eligible and how to book. Please read carefully.
- Born in 1981 or earlier: Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488
- If you are 40+ in 2021 and want to receive a vaccination at a pharmacy: Contact the pharmacy directly to book your appointment
- People who are eligible in Phase 1 but do not meet age criteria: See the Click and Connect feature below for instructions on booking your appointment.
- NOTE: Vaccines are now being provided to those identified by community partners as being medically unable to travel to a community clinic. Once identified, you will be contacted by a member of one of the Emergency Medical Services Northumberland Paramedics, Kawartha Lakes Paramedic Services and Haliburton County depending on the area in which you live.
- People working in a primary care setting: See the Click and Connect feature below for instructions about booking your appointment.
- Adults aged 18 years and older who live in a “hot spot” community: HKPR District Health Unit region has NOT been identified as a “hot spot.
Eligible under Phase 1:
- First Nations, Inuit and Metis individuals: Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488
Eligible under Phase 2:
- People with health conditions in the HIGHEST RISK , HIGH RISK and AT RISK category and one essential caregiver. Note: An essential caregiver is someone providing direct, frequent and sustained in-person personal care and/or assistance with activities of daily living to the individual. The health condition (including pregnancy) of the individual requires ongoing reliance on the care and/or assistance from the essential caregiver. Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488.
- People who cannot work from home who fall under Group One and Group Two (including remaining elementary and secondary school workers). Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488. Individuals who are between the ages of 12 to 17 years cannot book appointments through the provincial booking system. Please see the Click and Connect feature below for instructions about booking your appointment.
- Licensed childcare providers working in centres or in-home, and licensees working directly with children. Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488.
- People who live and work in high-risk congregate settings (ie. shelters, group homes): See the Click and Connect feature below for instructions about booking your appointment.
- Caregivers in select congregate settings: See the Click and Connect feature below for instructions about booking your appointment.
- Eligible education staff who provide direct support to students with complex special needs. Go to the provincial booking system or call 1-888-999-6488.
NOT Eligible At This Time
- People who fit into a Phase 3 category
If you are NOT eligible at this time, please DO NOT call or submit a question to the Health Unit. These will not be answered.
Please continue to be patient and check back for updates to see when you are eligible for booking.
Using the Click and Connect Feature
If you are eligible, but unable to book a vaccination appointment through the provincial booking system, you will be directed to contact the Health Unit.
To contact the Health Unit, please use the Click and Connect feature. Click here to access Click and Connect.
When you use the Click and Connect feature, the Health Unit will receive a message. Read and follow the two steps below.
- Complete the information – name, phone number etc. and click NEXT.
- Select COVID-19 Questions and then click NEXT.
- Review your details and click NEXT.
- Click on START QUESTIONAIRE and then click on Vaccine, immunization and eligibility. Click NEXT PAGE at the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Answer YES to the question – Do you still have a question for the Health Unit?
- Proceed to the ‘do you still have a question’ tab and enter the following information: Important note: Please be sure to write down the types of information listed below. All of the information is required and must be complete.
- Type “Add to Special Booking List”
- Identify what priority population you belong to
- Provide your first and last name.
- Provide a valid email address.
- Provide your date of birth.
- Provide your health card number with version code.
- Provide your phone number.
- Provide name of your primary care practitioner (e.g. doctor) if you have one
**If you do not provide ALL of this information, the Health Unit cannot process your request.
If you are eligible and have provided ALL of the required information, someone from the health unit will call you to discuss your options to book an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Identification if you work and meet eligibility criteria.
- A list of your medications
- A valid health card (OHIP)
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit our website: COVID-19 Vaccines.
- Local Vaccination Clinics
- About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Provincial Vaccine Distribution Plan