The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPRDHU) is recruiting for temporary, full-time Vaccinators to primarily support our COVID-19 vaccine clinics within our Northumberland County, Haliburton County, and the City of Kawartha Lakes communities.
As a member of the Health Protection Division the Vaccinator is accountable to Health Protection Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Infectious Diseases Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) 2018 and related protocols and guidelines including but not limited to the:
- Immunization Management Protocol;
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Protocol; and
- other duties as assigned by Health Protection Management.
Areas of emphasis may include Vaccine Preventable Diseases, immunization, and vaccine management.
The Vaccinator is expected to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to apply, adapt, choose and/or recommend changes to established methods, procedures or policies and/or to develop new procedures for approval to complete assigned work. The Vaccinator will seek direction when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or are not within the intent of established practices including scope of practice.
The Vaccinator is required to work with other Health Protection Division team members and with members of the public to ensure access to COVID-19 vaccines; promote immunization of individuals of all ages; provide immunization, consultation, education, and health promotion. A Vaccinator will also contribute to data collection, clinic organization and clinic evaluation.
Other duties may include vaccine storage and handling activities and consultation with Health Care Providers (HCP); vaccine refrigerator inspections; and the provincial Panorama Immunization and Inventory System.
The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit’s website (www.hkpr.on.ca) under ‘Careers’ for more information.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful completion of a Registered Practical Nurses Diploma program.
- Education program for immunization competencies is an asset.
- Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Clinical experience administering subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and computer skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health Practitioner, Front Line Provider, as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, particularly in relation to Vaccine Preventable Diseases.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all HKPRDHU staff will be required to provide proof of having received the number of doses to meet definition of fully immunized determined by provincial and national policy according to specific COVID-19 vaccine received
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (3 months).
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within two (2) months of hire.
Start Date: Immediately
Term : Up to 6 months
Hours : 35 hours/week
Salary Range : ONA Scale 2021 – $55,273 – $61,880
Location: Port Hope, Lindsay, and Haliburton
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by 4:30 p.m. on October 29, 2021 to.
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
Tel: 1-866-888-4577 Fax: 905-885-9551
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.