A Little About Us:
Covering an area of more than 9,000 km, the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit offers the best of both worlds. The area includes an urban and rural mix that encompasses beautiful cottage country, yet also sits in close proximity to Toronto along the 401 corridor. Explore HKPR District Health Unit and come work where others come to play!
A Little About You:
The Medical Officer of Health (MOH) is responsible for ensuring the administration and provision of public health programs and services to our area residents. As Chair of the Health Unitʼs Executive and Management team, the MOH provides leadership, support and advice on matters of population health, epidemiology, health promotion and health protection. You have a deep understanding of Ontarioʼs public health system and are a leader with demonstrated relationship-building skills who can guide the organization through strategic and human resource planning, financial management, policy and procedure development, and compliance with relevant legislation.
Other Key Qualities:
- compassionate, empathetic, and sensitive to the needs of others
- respectful, treating people as equals, and valuing othersʼ perspectives and differences
- accountable, and take responsibility for what you say, and what you do
- looking for solutions and committed to strengthening public health
- always learning, and receptive to different perspectives
- curious and always seeking a deeper understanding
- a mentor to others by sharing your knowledge and experience
- a solution finder, empowered to solve the challenges we face in public health
A Medical Degree (MD) with a full license to practise medicine in Ontario Current certification in Community Medicine/Public Health and Preventive Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
A minimum of five years experience as a Medical or Associate Medical Officer of Health serving as executive officer/division head/senior manager of a public health organization
Location: Port Hope
Start Date: July 2020
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume
and cover letter by
4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 9, 2020 to:
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.