Put your well water to the test! Free testing is available through the Health Unit. It’s a great way to ensure your water is safe to drink.
Attention! The Public Health Ontario Laboratory is currently experiencing an issue with its well water test results portal and eight-digit bar codes. If your water result has come back as ‘No Data,’ please call the lab directly to obtain your results. Contact: 416-235-6556 or toll-free: 1-877-604-4567.
Service Changes During COVID-19
During the pandemic, the Health Unit is still accepting well water samples for testing at its offices in Port Hope, Lindsay and Haliburton. However, the process is a bit different at this time.
Picking Up Testing Kits:
Testing kit/bottles are available as follows:
- Port Hope – located outside main doors in black and red bin
- Lindsay: – located inside first set of doors in vestibule
- Haliburton – located in the black and red bin situated outside the main door (on 3rd floor of the Dawson Gray building)
Dropping Off Water Samples
You can drop off your well water sample at each Health Unit office. Drop boxes are available in Lindsay and Port Hope. In Haliburton, leave samples in the cooler set outside the main doors. At this time, you will not be allowed to enter the Health Unit office. If possible, ensure your water sample is taken the same day you drop it off.
Drop off your water sample at the following times: from 8:30-4:30 Monday to Thursday:
- Port Hope – Monday to Thursdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; only until 10:30 am on Fridays
- Lindsay – Monday to Thursdays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; only until 11:45 am on Fridays
- Haliburton –Monday to Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, no samples accepted on Fridays
For further information about well-water testing, call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5006, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Water Sample Testing Drop-off/Pick-Up Points
- Minden Library (176 Bobcaygeon Rd) – As of September 8, well water test samples can be dropped off in front of the library on Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 6 pm.