This Version Posted: June 3, 2020
We’re all in this together! Nowhere does this phrase apply more than to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
If you are a resident, following simple prevention tips helps protect your health and the wellbeing of others around you. Understanding and following current COVID-19 restrictions and their impacts on programs and services in your community is also important.
For community groups, knowing what preventive measures and protections to put in place are essential to reduce the risk from COVID-19 for staff, volunteers and clients.
Whether an individual or organization, discover tips, information and resources on this page to help you navigate your way through the current pandemic.
- COVID-19 Online Self Assessment
- How to Self Isolate
- How to Practise Physical Distancing
- Check out our printable resources
- Fact Sheet: Take Care of Yourself and Each Other – Public Health Ontario
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many local cases of COVID-19 are there in Haliburton County, Northumberland County and the City of Kawartha Lakes?
- Should I use public transit given the current COVID-19 situation?
- Which agency should I call if I have COVID-19 questions or want to report complaints/concerns about the virus?
- What is public health doing during COVID-19 situation?
Check with your municipality for the latest updates including cancellations and impacts on programs and services:
- Town of Cobourg COVID-19 Information Hotline: 289-677-0585
- Municipality of Port Hope
- Municipality of Brighton
- Hamilton Township
- Municipality of Trent Hills
- Alnwick Haldimand Township
- Township of Cramahe
- Alderville First Nation:
- Township of Algonquin Highlands
- Municipality of Dysart et al
- Municipality of Highlands East
- Township of Minden Hills
211 Community Support – Easily find/search government and community-based services during COVID-19. Call or text 2-1-1 day or night to find support for all of life’s challenges. Live Chat also available Monday to Friday from 7 am to 9 pm
Follow us for COVID-19 Updates
You can find and follow updates on COVID-19 in your local community via the following HKPR resources:
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”” subscribe_text=”Subscribe by email to receive updates” subscribe_button=”Subscribe”]
If you have questions about COVID-19, you can contact the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577 x5020 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org