This Version Posted: May 6, 2021
Quitting smoking is one of the best ways to improve your health – and that of your loved ones. It’s never too late to quit. As soon as you stop smoking, you start to experience health benefits.
Need support to quit smoking? Here are resources to help:
- Call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to speak to a Registered Nurse for free and confidential advice to quit.
- Visit Smokers’ Helpline for quit-smoking resources.
- Go to Stop on the Net for a free supply of nicotine patches and gum to help you quit (while supplies last and based on eligibility).
- Access the Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation Community Program to get phone counselling and a free six-week supply of nicotine patches/lozenges to help you become tobacco-free (while supplies last and based on eligibility).
- Contact your health care provider for advice, support and resources, including nicotine-replacement therapy like gum and patches.
- Speak to a pharmacist for the best ways to quit, including medications.