This Version Posted: December 23, 2020
Whether you are the person preparing the food or the one eating the items prepared at a food establishment, safe food handling practices are essential to ensure people do not become ill from improperly stored or prepared foods.
Read on for more information about food safety and food recalls. Call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5006, if you have additional questions about:
- Safe food handling practices
- Food handler training
- Food safety inspection
- Special events (click here for HKPR Special Events permit).
- Food Recall (Dec. 22/20) – Certain Assala, Compliments, The Deli-Shop, and Levitts brands Deli Meat Products Recalled Due to Listeria
- Food Recall (Nov. 29/20) – Certain Kawartha Dairy brand ice cream products recalled due to possible presence of pieces of metal
- Food Recall Warnings – Canadian Food Inspection Agency