HKPR District Health Unit Launches New Website Created with User Experience in Mind
The role of public health and services provided to the community drives the vision behind website strategy.
August 23, 2023 – The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPR District Health Unit) is inviting residents and visitors to explore their new website (hkpr.on.ca), redeveloped with a vision to better promote the role of public health, and redesigned for a better end user experience including improved navigation and functionality.
Through both internal and external surveys, user engagement sessions, training, and feedback the new website was a collaborative effort. Strategic priority was focused highly on the end user’s experience while supporting residents, businesses, and community partners with online information and services that relate to them.
“Our primary goal during the redesign and development process was to focus on what our residents and visitors value most in terms of public health information, and to ensure that content is organized in a logical way,” said Ashley Beaulac, Communication Services Manager for the HKPR District Health Unit. “After many months of hard work and dedication from so many of us here at the health unit we have produced a responsive and user-centric website that is accessible across all platforms and devices.”
The new HKPR District Health Unit website provides a range of tools, features and functionality that supports mobile use and accessibility requirements to provide improved access, including:
- An intuitive navigation menu
- Online form functionality
- New health section for Businesses, Partners, and Professionals.
- Accessible inspection results
- Data reports with information displayed in a user-friendly ‘dashboard’ design.
- Calendar that includes clinics, classes and community events and access to online booking (where applicable)
- Updated HKPR District Health Unit branding providing a polished and clean look and feel.
- Accessible across computer, tablet, and mobile phone platforms.
- News and Alerts section with records dating back to 2021.
- Residents and visitors are encouraged to browse the new website with their computer, tablet, or mobile phone and to check out the new website.
How to Stay Informed
Visitors to the new site can sign up for a future HKPR District Health Unit Newsletter and subscribe to News and Alerts.
For questions, suggestions and comments on the new website please email email@example.com.
Ashley Beaulac, Communication Services Manager, HKPR District Health Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-866-888-4577 x 1212
About the Haliburton, Kawartha Pine Ridge District Health Unit
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit provides important public health programs and services to residents in Northumberland County, Haliburton County, and the City of Kawartha Lakes. Our dedicated team of public health professionals, led by our Medical Officer of Health, promote healthy living, protect against disease, and prevent illness and injury. We work with health care providers and community partners to address emerging health issues, service gaps and social inequities to support residents in being well and reaching their full potential. Our values of trust, engagement, accountability, and leadership guide what we do every day. Learn more at www.hkpr.on.ca.