This Version Posted: January 22, 2021
Whether you are the person preparing the food or the one eating the items prepared at a food establishment, safe food handling practices are essential to ensure people do not become ill from improperly stored or prepared foods.
Read on for more information about food safety and food recalls. Call the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5006, if you have additional questions about:
- Safe food handling practices
- Food handler training
- Food safety inspection
- Special events (click here for HKPR Special Events permit).
- Food Recall Warnings – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- HKPR Check Inspection – Access Health Unit inspection results for restaurants and other food premises in your community.
- Food Handler Training – Find out how to become a certified food handler with these learning options.
- Guide to Starting a Home-Based Food Business – Ontario Ministry of Health resource provides a step-by-step guide to starting a home-based food business, while providing an overview of public health requirements.