Nurse Family Partnership® (NFP®) is a free home visiting program where public health nurses visit young, first-time parents during their pregnancy and the first two years of their child’s life.
The NFP® can help parents:
- have a healthy pregnancy
- have healthy children
- meet school and/or work goals
You can enroll if you are:
- 24 years old or younger
- Pregnant with your first child and/or first-time parenting
- Pregnant 28 weeks or less
- Experiencing financial hardship or limited resources
- Living in Northumberland County, City of Kawartha Lakes or County of Haliburton
- Calling the Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577 ext. 5003 just a reminder to leave your name and phone number so we can connect back with you to confirm registration.
What will you talk about during visits?
- Having a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby
- Developing your parenting skills
- Building a strong network of support for you and your baby
- Talking about your goals in life
- Supporting you to create a safe and nurturing environment for you and your baby
- Accessing other community resources that feel right for you
- Building life skills such as budgeting, managing stress, and preparing healthy meals
If you have any questions about the Nurse-Family Partnership ® (NFP), please call 1-866-888-4577 ext. 5003. Your personal information is needed to determine eligibility for this program.
If you are a Primary Care provider looking for more information check out our Businesses, Partners and Professionals webpage.