Although the risk for Mpox is low, anyone who has had close physical contact with someone who has MPOX or contaminated surface or is concerned about symptoms they are experiencing should self-isolate and contact a health care professional.
Adhere to the following health and personal hygiene tips to reduce your risk of Mpox and other infectious diseases:
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Reduce or limit the number of people you have close contact with, including sexual partners.
- Talk to sexual partners about sexual health, and use barriers such as gloves and condoms.
- Avoid sharing objects such as toothbrushes, sex toys and drug use supplies.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and fabrics.
- Standard household cleaners/disinfectants can be used to kill the virus on surfaces.
- Avoid touching bedding and laundry that has been in contact with someone who has the virus.
- Avoid touching skin lesions or rashes on another person.
- Stay home if you are sick and encourage others to do the same.